Thursday, August 24, 2017

Lemon Basil Pork Chops


When I saw these beautiful bone-in pork chops the other day, on sale, I just knew I needed to do something different with them!

Lemon helps break them down so they get tender and the basil...well, I just LOVE fresh basil! The combination is quite tasty.

Ingredients:

6 bone-in pork chops
1 lemon
about 10 basil leaves or more, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil

Mix the lemon, basil and olive oil in a large bowl. Throw in the pork chops and mix them around so they are coated and let rest in the marinade for 20 minutes. 

While they were resting, I diced up some squash, red onion and red peppers, tossed them in a pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. 

A friend gave me some beautiful tomatoes out of her garden and I just had to do some fried tomatoes! Mix 1/2 cup of cornmeal with 1 cup of flour, salt and pepper and in another bowl, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of milk. Dip the tomato slices in the wet and then the dry and fry 'em up till their golden brown! 

For the pork chops, I heated up my Calphalon stove top grill (This is similar to mine) on medium heat and cooked them for 6 minutes on each side. 

It was a lovely meal!!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!