I spent the day floating at the pool and needed a quick hearty meal for everyone cause they were all starving! :-)
This was what I had in the house and it pulled together quite nice!
- 1 box of mini penne pasta (use whatever you have)
- 2 lbs frozen shrimp (soak in water to defrost and then peel)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of white wine or chicken stock
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup panko break crumbs
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (I used scallions cause that's what I had!)
- parmesan cheese
- 3 lemons
- Peel your shrimp while a pot of water comes to a boil for the water. Heat your oven to 425.
- In a baking dish or cookie sheet, combine the shrimp, garlic, wine or stock, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In a small bowl, microwave 1/2 the stick of butter and then combine that with the breadcrumbs and parsley if you have it.
- Sprinkle that over the shrimp, slice up 3 lemons over top and bake for 18 minutes.
- Drop your pasta in the boiling water (mine only took 7 minutes so I waited until my timer reached 8 for the shrimp and then dropped it)
- Drain the pasta and put back in the pot with the other 1/2 stick of butter and throw a little parmesan cheese in it and mix well.
- Place the pasta in a serving dish.
- Take the shrimp out and place over top of the pasta.
- Then I sprinkle some chopped scallions on top. Cause that's what I had!