It was the perfect night to make this deliciousness! It's very chilly here in PA and we've got a storm rolling in so comfort food hit the spot.
- 2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- (if you freeze your meat for about 20 minutes, it slices so easy!)
- 3/4 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 to 4 tbsp. broth
- 4 small heads of broccoli florets
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 scallions, sliced (optional)
- Slice the meat and place in the slow cooker.
- Add soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha and garlic. Mix well.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Spoon about 3 to 4 tbsp. of the slow cooker broth into a bowl and whisk with the corn starch. Pour into the slow cooker and then add the broccoli. Mix well.
- Turn the slow cooker to high for another 30 minutes to thicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you so choose.
I served mine with Basmati rice.