So the other night, I had no plan. Nothing. Nada. And I had to feed four people.
I went foraging in the freezer and pantry and this is what I came up with. And, don't ya know, they all loved it. It figures, right? No recipe, shooting from the hip and it all worked out!
- 2 lbs frozen deveined shrimp, defrosted and peeled
- 1/2 jar or so of Sweet Chili Sauce (Asian aisle)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1 bag egg noodles or whatever pasta you're hip on today
- Boil water and start your pasta going.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, saute the garlic in a little olive oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and cover for a few minutes.
- Add the sweet chili sauce and the sriracha, mix well, lower heat and recover.
- Drain the pasta and then add back to the pot.
- Add the shrimp mixture and mix well.
Serve and enjoy!!!