There's nothing I like better than a quick and easy meal.
Well, making reservations maybe! Or having someone cook for me. :-) HA, like that ever happens.
I really like using a cast iron pan because...
- You can take it from the stove to the oven.
- You can use it on the grill.
- It's basically non-stick so you use less oil.
- It heats evenly.
Here is one for you! Click here!
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8), fat trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper or both sides.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and herbs and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 7 minutes, flip and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Push the chicken to the edges and add 1 tbsp. of butter, then the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until tender.