Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Slow Cooker Split Pea, Ham and Bacon Soup


I have to admit that sometimes I look ahead at the weather while I'm meal planning. 

That's a little crazy, right? 

Well, I'm glad I did this week. It called for rain and rain it did. So this was perfect rainy day comfort food. 

Even hubby liked it! Always a bonus...

Ingredients

  • 3 large carrots (I actually picked up a bag of little carrots and just chopped up the appropriate amount)
  • 5 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 - 16 oz bag split peas
  • 2 - 8 oz ham steaks, diced
  • 4 cups no salt chicken stock
  • 1 cup water (plus more if you need it at the end)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 8 strips of bacon, cooked well done and diced

Instructions

  1. Combine carrots, celery, split peas, broth, water, ham and garlic powder. 
  2. Cook on low for 8 hours. 
  3. Add in bacon, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!