Monday, September 18, 2017

Vacation and a Great Recipe!


I spent last week in the Outer Banks, NC with family and friends. We were extremely lucky that Hurricane Irma bypassed us. I really feel for those people that got hit with Irma, potentially losing everything. I can't even imagine how they must feel. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them all. 

The shot above is from the top deck of our home. It shows the walkway to the beach and you can see the ocean in the background. We had a few iffy days and a few wonderful sunshiny days! 

Also, lots of food and laughs! 

I stayed away from my "electronics" for the most part and really gave myself downtime which I so desperately needed. Now it's back to the grind! 

We've got football season now, the holidays are coming up, 4 birthdays in the next month, and of course, it's almost home made ravioli making time! 

There was so much to do Sunday; wash, putting everything away, laundry, grocery shopping. I wanted to make my hubby a home cooked meal (not sure what he ate while I was gone! HA!) but I needed something that I could throw together quickly and walk away from. 

Out came the slow cooker for Kielbasa and Sauerkraut. 

Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs Kielbasa, cut to fit hot dog rolls
  • 32 oz Sauerkraut
  • 1 can beer
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar

Place everything into the slow cooker and turn on high for 4 hours. 

Could it be any easier? 

The beer and brown sugar really take away the bite of the sauerkraut, which I prefer. Tuck one of those babies into a hot dog roll with some sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard and we were in heaven. Serve them on paper plates and you have just the slow cooker to wash. All in all, a perfect meal! 

Perfect for football season!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!