I tried this in the slow cooker and it was such a success! I also used regular spaghetti instead of egg noodles and we liked it better.
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup fat free 1/2 and 1/2
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken up
- juice of 1 lemon (at the end)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Saute until veggies are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add flour, oregano, salt & pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add broth and potato. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add the chicken, 1/2 & 1/2 and pasta. Cook on low for another 2 hours.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add lemon juice and parsley.