I love Turkey Burgers as long as they are seasoned well.
These definitely are!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine ground turkey and the other ingredients.
- Mix well and shape into 4 or 6 patties depending how large you like your burgers. I made 4 and flattened into 1/2 inch thick to cook quickly.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side.
You could top with salsa verde, crumbled queso fresco and squeeze some lime juice on top as well to make it even more South of the Border!