Thursday, October 12, 2017

Slow Cooker Penne Mac N Cheese


No husband was harmed in the taking of this picture...

Getting to finally try out my new casserole slow cooker today! See Slow Cooker Here!

I love how it's shallow and rectangular. But I'm weird like that.

I guess it's time to retire my first slow cooker since I can't find a replacement insert for it. It's hard to let go!

Ingredients

  • 2 jars Alfredo sauce
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 box uncooked penne pasta (I used mini penne)
  • 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper
  • Garlic Crumb Topping (see note below)

Directions

  1. Mix Alfredo sauce with milk in a large bowl. 
  2. Stir in uncooked pasta and 2 cups of cheese. 
  3. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix well. 
  4. Spray stoneware with Pam and transfer the mixture in. 
  5. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stir 1/2 way through. 
  6. Top with remaining cheese, turn off slow cooker and remove stoneware from base. 
  7. Preheat over to 400 or broil. 
  8. Sprinkle with garlic crumb topping, bake 10 to 15 minutes or 5 to 7 under broiler. 

Garlic Crumb Topping: Mix 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp. melted butter and 1 minced garlic cloves. 

You could also add in some rotisserie chicken which is what I did tonight. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!