No husband was harmed in the taking of this picture...
Getting to finally try out my new casserole slow cooker today! See Slow Cooker Here!
I love how it's shallow and rectangular. But I'm weird like that.
I guess it's time to retire my first slow cooker since I can't find a replacement insert for it. It's hard to let go!
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box uncooked penne pasta (I used mini penne)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Garlic Crumb Topping (see note below)
- Mix Alfredo sauce with milk in a large bowl.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and 2 cups of cheese.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spray stoneware with Pam and transfer the mixture in.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stir 1/2 way through.
- Top with remaining cheese, turn off slow cooker and remove stoneware from base.
- Preheat over to 400 or broil.
- Sprinkle with garlic crumb topping, bake 10 to 15 minutes or 5 to 7 under broiler.
Garlic Crumb Topping: Mix 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp. melted butter and 1 minced garlic cloves.
You could also add in some rotisserie chicken which is what I did tonight.