This was a quick Bolognese that I threw together. I normally use ground beef and do this in the pressure cooker but this time I tried it with ground meat in a skillet and it worked really well!
It makes a good amount of sauce so throw some in the freezer (good for 3 months) and use these containers. Freezer Containers
I used the refrigerated Fettuccini pasta instead of the dry but use whatever you like!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add the carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Cook about 7 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, breaking it up until it's browned.
- Stir in the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and milk and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Cook the pasta and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, basil or parsley.
Note: If you want to go meatless, sub in cauliflower for the ground turkey! Just cut up the cauliflower and run it thru the food processor.