I don't know why I love cooking shrimp on Friday nights.
Maybe because I'm exhausted from the week and shrimp literally takes 5 minutes to be ready?
It's easy and delicious and can be prepared in SO many different ways?
This was another 15 minute meal! I always have frozen shrimp in the house. I marinated the shrimp about 2 hours before cooking.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bag of Uncle Ben's Basmati or Jasmine rice
- Throw everything together in a Ziploc bag (except for the rice) and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a skillet on medium high.
- Add shrimp and cook till pink, about 5 minutes or so.
- Microwave the rice.
- Add the shrimp over the rice and drizzle with Sriracha sauce and a little fresh parsley if you so choose!