This was a clean-out-the-fridge kinda of meal. I defrosted some shrimp and then went thru the fridge to find out what else I had. This is how it turned out...
- 1/2 lb of defrosted shrimp, peeled and deveined
- chipotle chili powder
- sautéed cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag of Uncle Ben's rice
- small flour tortillas
- Season the shrimp with olive oil, paprika and chipotle chili powder. Place in the fridge to marinate for awhile.
- Heat a skillet, throw in some cherry tomatoes and saute till softened. Move to the side and then cook the shrimp over medium heat until cooked through.
- If you have a gas stove, turn on the burner and crisp up the tortillas a little. If not, microwave between paper towels for about 20 seconds.
- Microwave the rice.
- Place the shrimp into a tortilla, add some tomatoes, lettuce, rice. I like to top mine with sriracha sauce and sometimes a little lite sour cream.
I use these awesome TACO HOLDERS!