I've tried many different ways to make wings.
The grill. Which can be tricky when the wings fall thru the grates. Duh
The oven. Which I think is a pain dragging them in and out to flip. #killingmyback
Using the slow cooker was just so easy and awesome! The meat was fall off the bone. I did broil them at the end to crisp them up though. The flavor was outstanding!
Use whatever seasonings you like, I just used salt and pepper this time.
- 1 package of fresh chicken wings, tip cut off and then slice the wing into separate parts
- 1 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce, divided
- 1 1/4 cup of butter, divided
- salt and pepper
- Season the wings with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker.
- Melt one cup of butter and mix with one cup of hot sauce, mix well and pour over wings, mix.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Carefully take out the wings using tongs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with 1/4 cup hot sauce, mix well and brush over wings.
- Place under broiler for about 5 minutes or so until they are crispy. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
I like to serve with celery and Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese dressing which I find in the produce section of the grocery store.