This recipe takes a little time to prep but it's oh so good!!! I took two chicken breasts, sliced them in half and then pounded them out. The thinner, the better, so they roll nicely and cook evenly. The filling is just delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Asiago Cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (red, not green, in the pasta aisle)
- black pepper
- 1 large egg plus 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix both the cheeses, bacon, scallions, pesto, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and water together and add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In another bowl, place the bread crumbs.
- Pound out the chicken between plastic wrap or in a ziploc bag.
- Lay out the 4 chicken breasts and evenly distribute the cheese mixture. Roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken in egg then breadcrumbs.
- Place in a roasting pan, seam side down and drizzle the tops with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered 45 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and don't forget to remove the toothpicks!