Looking for something a bit healthier but still flavorful after the holidays?
I threw together these burgers lickety split. Sprinkled a little hot sauce on top with a smear of hummus and it was a perfect lunch. Serve it with a side salad if you like!
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add 1/2 of the black beans, parsley, egg and red pepper flakes and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add the remaining black beans and breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Using just 2/3 of the mixture, form into burgers. I put the rest into a Ziploc to freeze for later.
- Place on a medium hot grill and cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
I used Arnold's Sandwich thins for buns.
Optional toppings: tomato, lettuce or whatever is in your fridge!