My first time ever making Chicken Fried Steak!
It may not be traditional but I used what I had. Hubby loved it!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Using a mallet, pound each chicken breasts between plastic wrap or in a Ziploc bag. Use the smooth side of the mallet. 2 chicken breasts pounded out give you 4 large pieces of chicken.
- Set up your breading station. Pour the half and half cream into one bowl and the breadcrumbs into another. Season the breadcrumbs with the cayenne pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Dip the chicken in the cream and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken into the hot skillet, browning well on each side and then set aside while you brown the other pieces.
- Put the chicken on a baking sheet and slide into a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Melt butter and add garlic. Cook for about one minute.
- Add the flour and blend it with the butter/ garlic. Let cook for about one minute.
- Add the chicken stock slowly while stirring constantly.
- Slowly blend in the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the parmesan and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour over the chicken.