We don't often have red meat at home. I usually reserve this for the holidays.
Also because that's when these delicious roasts go on sale!
This was a NY Strip Roast. Enough for 4 large steaks. I drizzle it with some olive oil first. Seasoned liberally with salt and pepper. Used my garlic press on 4 garlic cloves and then rubbed it all over the roast. I covered with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
Please use a meat thermometer! Insert it in the thickest part of the roast.
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast the meat for 15 minutes and then reduced oven temp to 350.
- Going by the thermometer, it would be 130 F for medium-rare which is what you see above, and 140 F for medium.
- My roast took about 45 minutes to hit 130.
- Remove from the oven and loosely cover with tin foil. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!!
I also made a Gremolata butter for my peeps to individually smear on their steaks.
Add 1/4 cup parsley, 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup butter, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and the rind of 1 lemon to a food processor. Process until well mixed. Placed on plastic wrap and roll into a cylinder. Refrigerate until ready to use.