I've made this before with chicken thighs....
Tonight, I used what I had in the freezer which was 3 small chicken breasts that I diced up. I also cut the asparagus into smaller pieces as you can see in the top picture. It's just hubby and I so it was the perfect amount. If you are cooking for a larger family then a package of chicken thighs would be perfect!
The spices are spot on and the dish comes together very quick.
And the most important part? ONE PAN!
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed OR whatever chicken you have in the freezer
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and herbs, cook for a minute.
- Add chicken and cook for 7 minutes.
- Push the chicken aside, add 1 tbsp. butter and then the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until asparagus is tender.