It snowed all day. Actually, I think it's still coming down a little. So glad I went shopping yesterday and had my meals all ready to go!
I tossed this in the slow cooker this morning. Um, late morning by the time I finally got out of bed! I slept in, don't be jealous, I never ever do that!
All I needed to do was toss in the pasta for the last hour and BOOM! DONE!
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 box of your favorite uncooked pasta (I used penne)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken broth thru the pepper into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Top with the onions.
- Cook on low for 6 hours and then shred the chicken. It should just fall apart.
- Add the heavy cream, 1/2 cup of parmesan and the pasta. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 1 hour, occasionally stirring.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley if you so choose.
Serving with warm buttered rolls would be awesome!
Note: This is a tad spicy so use less cayenne and red pepper flakes to taste.