Monday, December 4, 2017

Slow Cooker Sausage with Peppers and Onions and LOTSA LEAVES!


I cannot tell you how happy I was this past weekend that I thought ahead about dinner. 

I thought to myself, self, you need to have something easy and ready after this weekend you got coming up. And I was so right. 

First the weekend started out with a marathon of making meat ravioli. If you are Italian, then you know. Two pots of gravy, 50 bracioli, chopped, cooked spinach, cooked rice, fat back...oh my. And that was all my mom. I just made the pasta, my daughter created the ravioli and then mom laid them out. We made 18 dozen. Whew! All ready to go in the freezer for Christmas Eve. 


Sunday was a beautiful day here in PA! I started raking leaves then hubby came out to help me bag them all up. 26 bags later, many hours, sore muscles and almost 12,000 steps on my Fitbit, we were done. 

This is just a small amount of the bagged leaves. 


So let me say how happy I was that I had dinner ready to go. We were barely able to get up and put it in our mouths! 

Ingredients:

  • 5 hot Italian sausages, browned
  • 1 can of beer
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 1 green pepper, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced

Directions

  1. Dump everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. 

That's it. I had mine over a little brown rice, hubby made himself a sandwich. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!