Craving a cheesesteak but you know it will tip you over on calories or points? You can enjoy this stuffed mushroom for 8 points on the Freestyle program!
I've done the homework for you!
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 10 oz Old Neighborhood Shaved Beef Steak
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 3 oz Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or use a silicone mat.
- Gently remove the stems and gills from the mushroom with a spoon.
- Spray the mushrooms on both sides with cooking spray and season with 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Roast mushrooms in the oven for about 20 minutes. Flipping halfway.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray over high heat.
- Add the steak and cook quickly until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat and saute the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from oven.
- Combine steak, onions, peppers and cheese.
- Transfer to mushroom caps.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.