I'm so in love with these melts! I'm using Joseph's Lavash Flat Bread. The bread is healthy, reduced carb, high protein. And now contains flax! These Lavash have no cholesterol and contain three healthy ingredients: Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat which may help protect your heart, while losing weight. Each serving of this Lavash (half of each large bread), contains 4 grams of fiber and just 4 net carbs! I find it at the deli counter.
You can put anything you want into these melts! You could fill a whole flat bread with anything you want, roll it up and slice it for appetizer. The possibilities are endless.
I was shopping at Aldi the other day and found this ham that was only 2 pts for 2 oz.
- 1/2 Lavash Bread (1 pt)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Asiago Cheese (1 pt)
- 2 oz deli style honey ham (2 pts)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (0 pts)
- 10 banana pepper rings (0 pts)
- Cut the bread in half and spread a wedge of cheese on it.
- Weigh out 2 oz of ham (about 4 slices) and lay it over the cheese on one side.
- Spread the Dijon mustard over the ham and then layer about 10 banana pepper rings over that.
- Fold up the sandwich and place in a Pam sprayed skillet over medium heat. Cook on both sides until the bread is golden.
- Slice in half and chow down!
This sandwich is 4 pts on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.