I adapted this chicken recipe from Skinnytaste Click here to see her recipe.
I also made some Mexican Rice to go along with it! 2 pts for 4 servings.
This was not a spicy dish but you could easily rectify that by adding a finely diced jalapeno to the rice or the chicken.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Hatch's Green Enchilada sauce
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican Style Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place sliced chicken under saran wrap and using a mallet, gently pound out the chicken until they are uniform in size.
- In a bowl, combine cumin, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
- Spray a square baking dish with pam.
- Pour a thin layer of the enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Lay chicken, cut side up, on a work surface. Top each piece with 1/2 the chilies and 1/2 the cheese.
- Roll each one up and set them seam side down in the dish.
- Top with remaining chilies and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
2 pts for 4 servings on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.