I love a good short cut sometimes. This rice comes together so easily and quickly! And it's made with just some normal pantry items that you most probably have already.
I made use of the Birds Eye Steam Fresh Brown Rice I had in the freezer and the rest were pantry items.
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 1 bag of Birds Eye Brown Rice
- Scallions (optional)
- Saute onion in the oil for a few minutes until tender.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add cumin, black pepper, salt, diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave the rice and then add to mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Top with scallions.
This makes 4 servings at 2 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.