That's high praise! LOL
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lbs of mushrooms (I used Baby Bella)
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- parsley (optional)
- Heat 3 tbsp of butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are browned. Season with 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook until the veggies are softened.
- Sprinkle the veggies with flour, season with 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper and stir to combine.
- Make sure the veggies and flour are well combined.
- Add the wine, stir. Let it cook for a few minutes then pour in the unsalted broth. Stir to avoid lumps and simmer for 20 minutes.
- At this point, you can let it cool, transfer to a blender and puree or use an immersion blender, blend right in the pot, which is what I did.
- Add the half and half, let it come to a simmer then add the balsamic vinegar.
I left a few mushrooms aside to saute and place on top of the soup for aesthetics. You can also sprinkle some parsley if you so choose!
This makes 4 servings at 1-1/2 cups for 7 points or 6 servings at 1 cup for 4 points.
My husband and I both had 1-1/2 cups for dinner and the rest I froze for another week.