Yes, I know it was New Years Eve but I resisted the temptation to splurge and make some crazy kind of meal like I've done in the past. I wanted to create something that was fun but healthy!
So I came up with this stir fry. I prepped everything earlier in the day, took 10 minutes to cook it and then settled in with hubby to watch Hidden Figures.
It was a very low key evening. We are old :)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- mini yellow and orange peppers, about 10, cut into pieces
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp parsley
- lemon, cut into wedges
- Add everything but the parsley and lemon into a re-sealable bag and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat a large skillet on medium, add 2 tsp olive oil.
- Place the shrimp mixture into the skillet, stirring and then cover for a few minutes.
- The shrimp are done when they are pink and the veggies should be crisp tender (about 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
This serves two at 2 pts (if you are following Weight Watchers).
You could serve this over brown rice or bread to sop up all the delicious juices!