I love to cook a big batch of anything on the weekends for a dinner and lunches or to freeze for a future meal.
This was such an easy recipe made from simple and few ingredients but made for big flavors!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz jar of Herdez Salsa Verde
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz Fage 0% non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except for yogurt.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and then add yogurt.
- Mix well and cook for another 10 minutes.
This is a 0 point meal on Weight Watchers. It makes 6 servings at 1-1/2 cups each.
I served mine with Uncle Bens Whole Grain Medley Brown and Wild Rice (1 cup) for an additional 6 points and had a glass of wine (5 oz) for 4 points.
It was just spicy enough and warmed our belly on an cold night!