This recipe is adapted from Skinnytaste!
I wanted to change it up so the patties were 0 points and this is how I did it.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey (I use Jennie-O)
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil, onion, garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the fennel and toss quickly until toasted, about 1 minute. Remove mixture to cool.
- Add ground turkey, red wine vinegar, chives and paprika to the bowl with onions, garlic and fennel and mix together with a fork until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 patties. I used a scale to make sure they were all the same.
- Spray a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Brown sausage, 3 at a time, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Make sure the internal temp is 165. This is the meat thermometer I won't be caught without Click Here
These are awesome to make sandwiches with or just have with some scrambled eggs for dinner!
See link for my favorite Sunday breakfast! Sausage, Egg and Cheese on a Bagel for 4 points!