This recipe is adapted from Skinnytaste!
I wanted to change it up so the patties were 0 points and this is how I did it.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey (I use Jennie-O)
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil, onion, garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the fennel and toss quickly until toasted, about 1 minute. Remove mixture to cool.
- Add ground turkey, red wine vinegar, scallions and paprika to the bowl with onions, garlic and fennel and mix together with a fork until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 patties. I used a scale to make sure they were all the same @ 2.70 oz.
- Spray a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Brown sausage patties, 3 at a time, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Make sure the internal temp is 165. This is the meat thermometer I won't be caught without Click Here
These are awesome to make sandwiches with or just have with some scrambled eggs for dinner! I like to freeze them individually and then it's a snap to pull one out for a special breakfast.
See link for my favorite Sunday breakfast! Sausage, Egg and Cheese on a Bagel for 4 points!