Friday night is usually pizza night right? But the calories for just a few slices is ridiculous so I revamped the recipe and was able to create these lovely, delicious pizzas for 11 points. The whole pizza!! SCORE! I just make sure I have points to enjoy one of these.
Of course I didn't mention to Mr. Spatula that the dough is made with flour and greek yogurt until after he ate it. He had no idea and said it was really good! His was mushrooms and turkey pepperoni. (yeah, I snuck that in on him as well).
Normally the dough is made from self-rising flour, however, my grocery store apparently doesn't carry it so I used an alternate method. If you have the self-rising flour, use 1-1/2 cups of flour with 1 cup of the yogurt. That's it!
Ingredients for dough:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt. I prefer Fage which doesn't have the tang of other greek yogurts.
- Measure flour into a bowl, add baking powder and salt, mix.
- Add the yogurt and use a spatula to mix until incorporated. Have patience :)
- Flour hands or spray them with cooking spray. Put the dough on a floured surface or large cutting board. Knead the dough about 20 times.
- At this point, I wrapped in plastic and let it sit on the counter while I prepared the rest.
Directions for Pizza:
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup Hunt's Tomato sauce no salt added
- 2 oz Sargento Reduced Fat Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- I used two round cake pans. Spray them with cooking spray. Split the dough in half and gently pat the dough into place within the pans.
- Top each with a 1/4 cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle the garlic powder and oregano.
- Split the cheese between both pizzas and then top with veggies.
- Bake in a 450 oven for about 25 minutes.