There are SO many things you can stuff into a Portabella Mushroom! The possibilities are limitless.
Today I choose to crack out my waffle maker and waffle the mushroom!
I saw these beautiful, large Portabella's and knew I had to have them.
Mushrooms are great for the immune system too which makes them perfect for fall and winter when the germs are rampant.
- 1 portabella mushrooms, stem and gills removed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. fat free half and half
- 1/4 cup Sargento reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. Newman's Salsa
- Heat the waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- Season the mushroom with S&P.
- Place the mushroom, smooth side down (as it looks in the picture above), in the waffle maker, close lid, and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- While the mushroom is cooking, scramble the eggs with the half and half and cheese.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top of the waffled mushroom and top with salsa.
This is 2 pts on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.