I'm seriously addicted to these little nuggets of love! Chicken Nuggets like you've never had them before. I promise you will never go to McDonald's for nuggets again.
This recipe is adapted from https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-buffalo-chicken-nuggets/
I changed it up a bit and increased the spices.
*I've finally found whole wheat breadcrumbs so the points have changed to 2 pts for 10 nuggets!*
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 40 pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425.
- Spray baking sheet or use a silpat like this Silcone Mats.
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, breadcrumbs and panko into a Ziploc baggie and mix well. I use this which is a huge help in the kitchen...Hands Free Bag Holder
- Place hot sauce and oil in an bowl.
- Toss chicken pieces in the hot sauce/oil mix and stir well to coat.
- Then place the chicken pieces in the bag with the spices. Close and toss around so that all the chicken is coated.
- Put the chicken pieces on the baking mat, spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over, and cook for another 5 minutes.
You can serve these with blue cheese dressing but I prefer a tbsp of Dijon mustard for 0 points.
Note: These silicone baking mats are a life saver! I can't tell you how much clean up time they save. And the Ziploc bag holder? Wow...I use it all the time especially when making chili, soups, etc. I don't need any to hold the bag for me.
This recipe makes 4 servings of 10 nuggets at 2 pts each on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.