Ok, I know this is going to sound strange but I was looking for a burst of protein and tried this crazy idea. I took ground chicken, seasoned it and made two pizza crusts! WOW! It was so good, my husband didn't even realize what he was eating, never asked and ate the whole thing. -:)
My pizza was the one with just tomatoes and cheese and it was only 3 pts for the entire pizza. I wouldn't do this often but I was looking for a way to shake things up this week.
I know it sounds kooky, but it was really scrumptious!
If you try it, please let me know.
- 1 lb Perdue Extra Lean Breast of Chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- Mix chicken, egg, garlic powder, parmesan, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Split the chicken mixture up on the baking sheet and form into two round crusts. I find that using some plastic wrap, my fingers, a rolling pin, helps. Whatever works for you.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven and split the tomato sauce between the two crusts.
- Split the mozzarella cheese between them as well. Top with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of extra oregano. I also gave a shake of crushed red peppers.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.
This recipe makes 2 pizza's at 3 pts each on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.