Get dinner on the table fast with this Asian-Style Chicken and Broccoli dish. Full of fresh and delicious flavor! I served mine over cauliflower rice. Shhhh, don't tell my husband that's what he ate. -:)
I found frozen ginger! They come in a little ice cube tray. You just pop one out to use. How handy dandy is that? In this case, I put it in a paper towel and used a meat mallet to crush it. Ingenuity!
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup Swanson unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cube Dorot ginger or 1 tsp grated
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, separated into small to medium florets
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Whisk soy sauce, chicken stock and ginger together. Set aside.
- Set Instapot to saute.
- Add olive oil and onions and saute until softened.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour stock mixture into pot and add in diced chicken. Mix well.
- Cover and set to 7 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid, add cornstarch and mix well. Return to pot and set to saute. Stir until the sauce has thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Turn pot to warm and add the chicken back in with the broccoli, stir.
- Place lid on pot and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, crushed red pepper.
Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice for extra points.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 1 pt on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.