I do like to make a couple of meals ahead if possible, if only to give myself a rest once in a while It's nice to be able to sit down after work and catch the National News.
I threw this ground turkey mix in the IP over the weekend and promptly forgot about it till tonight. All I had to do was nuke it, stick it in some taco shells, some roasted peppers and a sprinkle of cheese. BOOM. Done. My kinda dinner. Keeping it simple...
I even got my husband to eat some of that delicious cucumber salad I made. I really didn't give him a choice on anything else. See, that's how it done.
- 1 lb Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 oregano
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp smoke paprika
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Corn tortillas
- Hit the saute button on your IP. Brown the ground turkey and break it up as you cook it.
- Add all the spices, onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add water and tomato sauce.
- Set the IP for 20 minutes and let it do a natural release.
You could use the slow cooker, 3 hours on high, 6 hours on low.
This recipe makes 4 servings. 2 tacos for 3 pts on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program,
The 3 pts was for the 2 corn tortillas. You could serve this up over a salad or make it into a couple of lettuce cups for 0 points. I used Kraft fat free cheddar cheese, about a tbsp for 0 points.