I started thinking about burgers the other day...what would happen if I put the breadcrumbs on the outside instead of the inside? Hmmmm...well, they turned out fabulous! Crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.
Note: These burgers should be cooked low and slow as to not burn the breadcrumbs. I also used a meat thermometer to make sure they reached 165. Click here for Thermometer
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and moisture squeezed out
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, grated
- 1 lb Jennie O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out all the moisture. I like to put it in a colander and push the water out.
- Grate the red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, zucchini, red onion, garlic, salt & pepper and roasted red peppers.
- Make 5 burgers patties. I used my scale to weigh each of them in around 4.5 oz. Food Scale
- Sprinkle half the breadcrumbs on top and pat down. Flip and sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs, patting so they adhere.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook until internal temperature has reached 165. Flipping once they are golden brown.
This recipe makes 5 servings at 1 point per burger on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program. The roll and the cheese are extra points.