Set it and forget it! I love making these types of meals on a Saturday and then having it for dinner and lunches later in the week. Right now, my refrigerator is filled with Tupperware containers. I can pull out anything and make us a meal lickity split!
I pulled a bag of Riced Cauliflower out of the freezer. This is new by Steam Fresh, Savory Herb. It was quite tasty mixed in with the chicken/mushrooms/onions. The riced cauliflower is not something Mr. Spatula would like so I have another serving for myself later in the week.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water or Swanson unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- cooking spray
- Spray a skillet and brown the chicken. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Reduce heat and add the onion and saute for about 4 minutes. Add about 1/4 cup of water/broth to the pan to deglaze.
- Add the onions mix and the mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken add cornstarch, whisk till smooth. Return chicken and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings at 1 pt each on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.