I'm always on the lookout for side dishes and this one just took the cake this week!
I was able to get 10 fritters out of this batch. I'm sure it would change each time depending on the size of the zucchini.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- Pam Olive Oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the zucchini as possible. I like to put in a colander and press with a spoon.
- Lay out on a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt. This will help with the moisture as well.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl with the flour and parmesan cheese, mix gently.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper (if using) and onion and beat mixture until incorporated. Pour over the zucchini mixture and gently fold together until combined.
- Drop on the baking sheet using a tablespoon, spreading them out a little, adding where needed to make them even.
- Spray with cooking spray, bake for 10 minutes, flip, spray and bake for 10 more.
This made 5 servings at 2 fritters each for 1 pt on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.