My husband loves meatloaf. I've tried making it so many different ways but I keep coming back to this recipe. I think it's the best. Hearty mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sauce and cheese. Who could argue with those ingredients? Tender and moist just like a meatloaf should be.
Plus, see below for the best loaf pan!
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 smallish onion, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (in water), chopped
- 1 lb Jennie O Extra Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the loaf pan.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook mushrooms, red peppers and onion until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add turkey, oats, egg, 3 tbsp tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cheese and basil. Mix well and place into sprayed loaf pan.
- Brush the top with the remaining 2 tbsp of tomato sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Meat thermometer should reach 155. You can take the foil off for the last 10 minutes or so to brown the top.
- Let rest and then slice into 8 pieces.
This recipe makes 4 servings, 2 slices at 2 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Note: This is the best loaf pan. It has perforations in the insert to drain fat and grease for a healthier meal. Releases very easy and lifts right out. You can see the product RIGHT HERE.