While I do love the Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Tots, I want to make an effort to eat less processed food where and when I can. I don't always have the time but I did this week.
This was quite easy to put together and now I have extra servings for the next couple of days. They hold up well when re-warming in the microwave!
- 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Couple pinches cayenne pepper (optional)
- Empty the frozen broccoli into a colander and run warm water over them. Place into a food processor. Pulse a few times until the broccoli resembles "rice".
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and run the food processor until combined.
- At this point, I placed the mixture into a clean kitchen towel and rung out any extra moisture. You could also place in a colander and gently push the moisture out that way.
- Using a 4 cm scoop, form the mixture into 26 balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up, if you have the time. I didn't and they were just fine.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, flip with tongs and bake for 10 more minutes.
I love serving these with some Dijon mustard!
This recipe makes 4 servings of 6 bites at 1 pt per serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.