Brussel Sprouts need lots of love. These are not your grandma's sprouts that she boiled and plopped on the table. The ends have to be cut off and the outer leaves must be removed. They need to be seasoned well and most importantly, toss them with bacon!
- 24 oz Brussel Sprouts, ends cut off, outer leaves removed, sliced in half or quartered depending on size
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz center cut bacon (I prefer Oscar Meyer)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss the sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, shaking them at least twice.
- Cook the bacon and reserve 2 tsp in a bowl. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Whisk bacon grease with balsamic vinegar.
- Toss everything together.
This recipe makes 6 servings at 3 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.