Being part Middle Eastern, I grew up loving the tastes and textures that this culture brings to the table.
I decided to revamp a traditional chicken gyro to fit into my plan and this is what happened. Major love for this sandwich!
- 2 chicken breast tenders
- red onion
- 2 tbsp Tzatziki sauce (I used Cedars brand)
- 1 Joseph's Pita
- Using a mandolin, This is what I use, slice the red onion, cucumbers and radishes very thinly. You don't need a lot. I actually combined this with making a large salad for the week to use up all my produce.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken and saute in a small skillet until cooked through.
- Toast the pita. Spread the Tzatziki sauce on the pita.
- Layer the cucumber, red onion and radishes and then the chicken and fold up.
It was so over the top delicious and I can't wait to make another one for lunch tomorrow!
This recipe makes 1 serving for 2 pts on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.