Can I say these were the best chicken tenders I've ever had? Um, yes, I can!
Hubby wanted one of those frozen turkey pot pies so I had to figure out what I was going to eat. I had chicken breast tenders in the freezer and the rest was off the cuff.
- 6 oz chicken breast tenders
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 garlic powder
- In a re-sealable bag, mix the flour and paprika. Add chicken to bag and shake, shake, shake. Shake your bootie! HA HA Sorry...
- Beat the egg in one shallow bowl and pour the breadcrumbs into another mixed with the spices.
- Dip chicken in egg and then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Give them a little squirt of Pam Olive Oil spray.
I cooked them in my air fryer but you could definitely bake them in oven on 375 for 18 to 20 minutes.
I set my air fryer on 400 for 6 minutes, flipped them and cooked for another 6 minutes.
This recipe was 1 serving for 5 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Note: You can bread them and lay out on parchment lined baking sheet. Set them in the freezer for a few hours and then place in a Ziploc bag for future use. When ready to eat, place frozen chicken tenders on baking sheet and cook on 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. If I was doing this, I would do it in bulk.