I normally have most of these ingredients in the house so when I'm in the mood for Mexican, this is easy to throw together. I make my own taco seasoning instead of using the little packets which are high in sodium. You can find that recipe here: Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb Jennie O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 tsps. taco seasoning (if store bought, use reduced sodium)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can sweet corn (I used a Mexican blend)
- 1 can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Swanson unsalted beef stock
- 1/4 water
- 1 cup Kraft fat free shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in the ground turkey and break it up as it cooks.
- Add in tomato paste and taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Stir in corn, diced tomatoes, beef broth and water.
- Increase heat to medium high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, keep covered and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt.
- Roasted peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives (these have points)
I topped mine with all the optional toppings and served over frozen steamable cauliflower rice (3/4 cup for 0 points).
Without the black olives, this recipe makes 4 servings at 2 points each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.