I had a craving for Chinese food but the points and sodium are way to high to order in. So I took a look at what I had in the kitchen...frozen shrimp, a bag of Brussel sprouts and some leftover mushrooms. Ok, I can make this work!
This is what I came up with. And it was awesome! Even hubby said he like the sauce. I served it over Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice (3/4 of a cup for 0 points!). He, who doesn't like rice, ate it and said it was really good. That helps a lot when your partner will eat what you put in front of them.
- 1 lb extra large shrimp (20)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp lite brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Scallions (optional)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Brussel Sprouts, halved
- In a skillet, saute the Brussel sprouts and mushrooms while you are getting the shrimp ready.
- Defrost, peel, devein shrimp and place in the pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Mix all other ingredients up to and including the sesame oil in a bowl then pour over the top of the shrimp.
- Set Instapot to 5 minutes. When done, do a quick release.
- Mix a couple of tbsp of the sauce with the cornstarch and add to pot, stir well.
- Set the Instapot on saute for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the Brussel sprouts and mushrooms.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the top for a pop of brightness.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and diced scallions to garnish.
This recipe makes 3 servings at 5 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program. That's about 6 shrimp per serving.
If you don't have an Instapot yet, here is where you can purchase one. Best Seller Instapot on Amazon