It's Easter, Deviled Eggs are a given, right? I try to do something different every time I make them. That's me. I rarely make the same thing twice. Just call me crazy! It's my creative side.
These have a tiny bite to them. Add more Sriracha to taste or leave it out!
And check out my egg carrier! It comes with a lid that snaps on. No more eggs rolling and shifting all over the place. (Get your Chef Buddy here)
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 light mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
I'm assuming you know how to make hard boiled eggs but in case you don't, here are two methods that I stand by.
Place eggs into a large pot and cover them with cold water. Once the water has started to boil, turn off the burner, cover the pot and set your timer to 15 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Pour 1 cup of water into Instapot. Place eggs into your Instapot basket (this is what I have). Set it to steam for 5 minutes. Once done, let it do a natural release for 4 minutes. Remove eggs to a bowl and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop the yolks into a bowl. I prefer to push the yolks thru a colander but it's totally not necessary.
- Mix in the mayo, olive oil, pickle juice, hot sauce, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well (till creamy) and taste to see if you need to adjust the seasonings.
- If you are fancy and have piping bags, go for it. I use a re-sealable bag, fill it, push the mixture into corner, snip the corner and use it as a piping bag. Fill your eggs.
- Garnish them with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and scallions.
This recipe makes 9 servings at 1 point each (that's two halves or one whole egg) on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.