Sometimes I get my best ideas while swimming. That's what happened this morning. In my head I'm thinking about going to the grocery store, what's not on my list, what's still in the fridge that needs to be cooked. And then this happened!
Mushrooms, asparagus and eggs. I know it may seem weird to some of you to be eating vegetables for breakfast but I love them any time of the day. I have no rules when it comes to food. None! I think you should eat what you want within reason, when you want it and you'll never feel deprived.
It's all about what you are eating, how you are cooking it and portion control.
To date, on this day, 4/19/18, I have lost 45 lbs on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program in 16 weeks. I feel amazing, I'm starting to look better and I've also quit smoking.
I think one of the reasons I've been successful is that I have no rules about food. If I want to eat breakfast for dinner, well ok! If I want veggies for breakfast, that's ok as well! No more preconceived ideas of what I should or should not be doing. It's sort of the way I'm living my life now as well.
Just do you.
So anyway, back to this AMAZING breakfast!
- 8 oz button mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 1/2 lb asparagus tips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Beat an egg in a dish (I actually used a Tupperware container) and add the mushrooms, asparagus tips, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne (if using). Mix well.
- In another container, place the breadcrumbs and then transfer the veggie mix and combined well.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 for 3 minutes.
- Spray basket with oil sprayer, add veggies and cook for 7 minutes on 360 giving them a good shake halfway through.
I ate them all!!
This recipe makes 1 serving for 3 pts or 2 servings for 2 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
I also cooked up 2 soft boiled eggs for a nice punch of protein. Place eggs in a saucepan covered with water, about 1 inch over the eggs. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and set the timer for 4 minutes. Run a little cold water over them so you can peel.
There are also recipes out there for doing them in a Instapot and the Air Fryer but I personally still like the boil method.
Loving my air fryer! Get yours HERE!