It's very rare that I cook just a chicken breast.
I do cook ALOT of chicken but normally need to be more creative to sneak past my husband the fact that we are eating chicken for the THIRD time in a week! HA!
Last night I was not being creative and tossed two chicken breasts in my air fryer. Quick and easy, topped with basil pesto and there were no complaints from the peanut gallery -:)
I like to keep a jar of basil pesto in the fridge. It comes in handy when I'm looking for something different to add to a recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp basil pesto (store brand or whatever you prefer)
- Preheat air fryer on 390 for 3 minutes.
- Trim any fat off the chicken.
- Spray basket and place chicken in and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for about another 8 minutes.
- Top each with 1 tbsp of basil pesto and cook for 1 minute.
You could top these with a little mozzarella cheese if you'd like but I already had cheese on the Eggplant Parm. Speaking of the Eggplant Parm, check out this LINK.
This recipe makes 2 servings at 3 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.