Sometimes I just want a nice piece of fish and some roasted veggies. Plain and simple but high on flavor. I cooked the fish in my air fryer but you can easily do this in the oven. Just lay on a parchment lined baking pan and cook on 400 for 15 to 17 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- 2 - pieces of Atlantic Cod
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Mix the beaten egg with a splash of water in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs with the spices and mix well.
- Dip the fish into the egg and then press gently into the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 for 3 minutes. Spray the basket and place the fish inside. Cook for 8 minutes, flip and spray the top of the fish and cook for another 4 minutes.
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (optional)
This recipe makes 2 servings for 2 pts each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program. One piece of fish and about 1/2 tbsp of the dressing.
I've also made this fish before, paired it with a cabbage salad and used the dressing on top. Here is that recipe! Fish & Cabbage Bowl