I grew up on Eggplant Parmesan. Fried in tons of oil with lots of melted cheese. There is no way to fit it into my Weight Watchers plan cooked that way. I decided to revamp it and try it out in the air fryer.
The outside got crispy and the cheese melted. Kinda. I used Kraft Fat Free cheese. It might work better with a reduced fat cheese instead but I was still satisfied to finally have some Eggplant Parm!
This was the thickness I cut the Eggplant into.
- 1 medium or two small eggplants, sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- Slice the eggplant into 1 inch slices and place on a towel. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Dip the eggplant into egg and then breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate until you have them all coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket and let it warm up on 390 for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the tomato sauce with the Italian seasoning.
- Place the eggplant slices into the basket. You may have to do this in batches.
- Give the tops a quick spray and cook for 4 minutes. Flip, spray and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Top with about a 1/2 tsp of sauce and 1 tsp of cheese.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
This recipe makes 3 servings at 1 pt each on Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
The Basil Pesto Chicken recipe featured above can be found HERE.